Monday 23 June 2014

Vintage florals... A tiny little technique to make your resin flowers truly beautiful!!!!



Well when it comes to crafting there are two things that can be found recurring in my designs.... My love of all things beautifully vintage and the fact that I embellish with a passion.... 

So I thought I'd try something new out on my blog today and pop a tiny little tutorial on here.

Now before I go any further I really want to make one thing very clear... If I can do it so can you!!!! What I do is nothing complicated, nothing that I promise that you cannot try and master yourself.  All I do is cut and stick with a few stamps, inks, paints, papers and other kinds of things you will no doubt have in your own own craft stashes thrown in... Really I just play with beautiful products and have masses of fun doing it - and you can do it too...

So do you fancy a quick little tutorial of one of my favourite little way to alter resin flowers right at the moment???? Excuse the photo quality - but I'm holding crafty items in my left hand (I'm right handed) whilst holding my iPad with my right hand propped on my left arm to balance it whilst I take the piccie - hey there's always a way to do everything ;0)

So what you are going to need are these lovely goodies:



And we are going to start with our plain resin flower:



Start by dabbing a little white metallic paint over the petals with stamp pad foam - you can press this paint a little further into the petals... 



Repeat the last step - but with just a touch of pink metallic paint applied to the tips of the petals.


Sprinkle a little glitter over the flower whilst the paint is still wet - it will act as the glue for the glitter (I do so love a bit of bling and a chunkier glitter has such a vintage feel to it)


Place your flower in a cardboard box (I have one tucked away in my studio specifically for this purpose)  and spritz enough gold spritz ink over the flower so that it seeps into the creases between the petals.


Allow to dry thoroughly and then you have this sweet little vintage rose ready to apply to all your projects - you aren't just limited to cards - what about scrapbooking, altered art, vintage brooches or fascinators, bag charms etc etc etc etc etc - do you get the picture??? So very very useable and versatile :0)



So go on give it a go - and if you use this technique I really would love to see it - here's my project!!!


Take care all of you and I'll catch you soon for some more little chit chat 
Becky
Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment here