Thursday 17 July 2014

Die Cut Crazy!!!!

Gooooood Evening everyone!!!

Well before I settle down with a few good crafting magazines on this warm, balmy evening I wanted to share with you a project I REALLY enjoyed making. 

Today the lovely Katy Godbeer and camera, video and all things filming expert Rob Smith - oh yes and me! - have been recording four brand new episodes of Creativity tv. Have to say it was a tad warm under those lights!!!! ;0)  I thought I'd write a post for you about what we get up to behind the scenes sometime soon.... I don't know if you are like me but I do like a look behind the curtain sometimes.... I think I have inherited the nosey gene from somewhere in my family! 

Anyway, I've been a bit of a die-cutting and embossing queen today which brought the project I'm sharing tonight to mind.... 

Last month I was accepted onto a DT for a fledgling digi mag aimed at all things die-cutting and embossing, whether you use a manual or electronic machine. "Die cut crazy" has a fabulous international design team and in the July issue - this project features in this issue - there are all manner of fabulous designs, with so many different styles and techniques on view!!!

The project I am sharing is inspired by a rather flamboyant character who used to provide regular entertainment on our Saturday night tv schedule here in the UK when I was younger.... I wonder if you can guess who?



This seriously simple design uses the little spectacle die found in the Xcut Suit Card Die Set. Add a little (or a lot of) bling and the required greeting (love those little Papermania alphas) and there you go, a design which for me is thoroughly nostalgic, retro and complete and utter fun. 

Hope you like this one and do drop by and get the latest edition of "Die Cut Crazy" to see what we have all been up to. Tomorrow I'll be designing my project ready for the August issue - can't wait to see what all the other talented designers have created! 

There's quite a nice little breeze here now so I'm off to enjoy some light crafty reading.
Have a lovely evening a and I will catch you very soon
Lots of love
Becky
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment here