Sunday 13 July 2014

White on white....

Hi there everyone... I know it's hard to believe but yes this is me blogging yet again... Another "post demo coffee with Mr J and blogging date".... Although tonight it is actually post demo green tea and oatmeal and raisin cookie


Rather yummy it was too I might add.... 

So today I'm sharing a white on white project for you.... With a hint of silver and pale blue.

I don't generally make big cards so larger sized embossing folders are sometimes a bit of a challenge for me. But today whilst looking at the new Xcut A5 card rose frame I had a bit of a brainwave... I placed my square card blank into the folder so just a portion of the frame embossed on the card and I have to say I fell in love !!!! (Apologies again for the photos - due to Sunday trading I had to be out my stockists today quickly and so I really couldn't do anything fancy!)



So here is my card - the silver little flower is from the new docrafts "Create Christmas" bead and ribbon pack in silver (topped with a pale blue gem) and I also added my craft stash staple Papermania paper roses and my favourite medium and small Xcut palm-punched pointed butterflies.



I think perfection is the crafters curse and I do have to say was I making it again I'd replace the 3mm gems with 2mm to acheive a more delicate effect. I also possibly wouldn't add the skeleton leaves though I do have to say skeleton leaves are a but of a favoured item in my kit at the moment... Maybe a delicate feather instead or just nothing. If I make it again I'll show you are you can compare and see which you prefer. 

Still for something that isn't my usual style I was pretty pleased with the result.

Hope you liked it too!

So now my tea is finished and my cookie is now safely in my tum I think it is time to wend our way home and I will say night night for now. I may or may not be around the next few days as I'm busy designing, preparing and filming creativity tv. But I'll be back with you all just as soon as I can be 

Until then happy week ahead
Love
Becky
xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please add a comment here